After following them on instagram while I was away in New York, DK Donuts seemed like an amazing place with unique flavors like ube. They also have their own version of the cronut, which I was also excited to try in their cool flavors; however...
I was extremely disappointed when I walked in. It was not what I imagined from their instapics. It was not as glamourous and cute as I thought it would be. It was not very clean, the donuts and what other things they had under the register looked stale and bland.
I ordered a ube cronut cake in advance for my sister's birthday. She and I discovered them on instagram together so I thought it would be such a great surprise. But, look at this:
I specifically asked for it to say, "Happy 21st Birthday Jennifer!"
What the hell is this?! What does that even say????!!!?!?!!11!!
Hazelmm?
I was so confused. I asked the guy who handed this to me what this says and HE EVEN COULD NOT READ IT. I told him that I pre-ordered it to say "Happy 21st Birthday Jennifer!" and he wasn't even apologetic, he just took it back into the kitchen and started to rewrite it which took THIRTY MINUTES. I could literally hear the workers chit chatting and playing and it took them 30 minutes to write HAPPY BIRTHDAY?! And when they brought it out, they didn't even write verbatim "Happy 21st Birthday Jennifer!" but wrote, AGAIN, another encrypted icing gibberish that was SO MESSY I could AGAIN not make out the "happy birthday."
I eventually made them take off the entire icing and just put no words.
I think the guys did not know how to write English. I'm not trying to be mean, I'm being legitimately honest.
It was too oily as well. The layers fell apart easily. You can't cut it neatly with a knife.
I was really really upset. The workers was unsympathetic and the price and drive was NOT WORTH IT.
DK Donuts & Bakery
1614 Santa Monica Blvd, Santa Monica, CA 90404
dkdonuts.com


No comments:
Post a Comment