Why? What's not to like in a black woman?
Yeah probably if I asked the guy if he had something against African-American people he would say no, but that instinctive and declarative "no!" is so indicative of his primary beliefs and desires.
Maybe he prefers a different race, just like one may unconsciously be attracted to a certain race for its common physical features, but the reality is.......why are we denying other women or men by the color of their skin? by the texture of their hair? by the curves of their bodies? You should not be proposing to someone's skin. You should not be proposing to someone's hair. And you dare not be proposing to someone's breasts.
In my opinion, I think that so many people have prejudice against certain races because of history. Old and recent. People stereotype the general African American population to be of a lower income and lower education level. Many people associate the general African American race with comparably unstable homes and higher crime records. I understand the statistics. I understand most people don't want to be associated with these less fortunate rates; however, I don't understand your narrow-mindedness.
I'm only using African American people as an example. Different statistics and stereotypes indeed exist for different races.
To the guy that provoked me to write this post, I want to tell you that it's unfair to eliminate a black woman from the possibility that she may be your spouse. She has a soul just like every white, asian, and hispanic person. She may have a beautiful soul too. She may have a hard past, but tell me what past Christ can't save us from?
And then some people will sigh here and say "ok there are always 'exceptions'"
That whole idea of good people being exceptions and "bad" people being the norm is such a sad indication of our society and culture.
:/
I get it if there is no connection in interest, hobbies, sports, foods, books, games, tv shows....I get it if there is so emotional or physical attraction. Yeah, then obviously you two aren't a match. But, let's not think "no" to a person because of his or her race.

No comments:
Post a Comment