Instagram

Labels

american (5) american (new) (1) art (8) bars (6) birthdays (1) chicago (7) coffee (8) D.C. (3) desserts (11) family (5) food (40) french (1) friends (16) homemade (11) hotels (4) indian (1) japanese (5) LA (31) mexican (3) NYC (23) personal (38) santa barbara (1) selfie (4) spanish (1) style (2) tbt (2) thai (1) valentines (1)

Saturday, May 3, 2014

D.C., half-marathon, cankles, concussion.

I ran the half marathon in Washington D.C. on Sunday. I saw all of those history book monuments like Capitol Hill, Vietnam War Memorial, the White House, etc. Georgetown was my favorite. That place is absolutely so beautiful. Amy and I walked around, went to a French outdoors market, and laid in the grass with cherry blossom petals free falling with the wind. The race was fun because Nike made the entire thing so seamless and stressless. There were three points in the race where I wanted to cry: 1) mile 1 because of the overwhelming number of supportive people cheering us on 2) mile 8 because I wanted to poop so bad 3) mile 12 because I saw the finish line.

All week I was crippled from my half marathon. I had cankles because my ankles were so swollen--they couldn't even fit in shoes on Monday. My tendinitis is inflamed severely. I skipped internship all week except Thursday because that was my last day forever. So I went in, was bored to death, and then decided to be helpful by filing folders away. That is when I got smashed and got a concussion due to a 9 foot tall file cabinet/mail box falling on me. Went to the hospital. Negligence x1000 because someone knew that the bottom drawers were empty while the top drawers were heavy as hell.

I won a $10,000 scholarship on Wednesday morning. I watched a few basketball playoff games. I got my Facebook back which had been deactivated since last July. Started going through pictures of high school senior year and truly understood that all that's left are memories. Those were some of the best moments of my life. Those pictures still make me feel like I'm floating on water, underneath a warm sun. 

And somehow in 3 weeks I'll be a senior in college. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact

Name

Email *

Message *

Followers

Total Pageviews